INFORMATION TO INTRODUCE SMALL ANIMALS IN THE COUNTRY
A. Certificate of Good Health of Exportation for Small Animals issued by the Sanitary Authority from the country of origin. It has to certify that
the pet is healthy and that the rabies vaccine is on valid date in dogs /cats older of 4 months.
B. The Certificate of Good Health of Exportation for Small Animals should have “Apostille” by the competent authority from the country of
1. Notify the arrival of the pet to the country at least three (3) labor days, filling up the form “Home Quarantine Request”.
It can be download from the website: www.minsa.gob.pa
2. At the arrival, the documents of the pet has to be given to the Veterinary Doctor of the Department of Zoonosis Control, that verifies it.
3. If the owner fulfill the requirements, the animal(s) will be given back to its owner.
If ot fulfill, the pet will be send back to the country of origin using the airline used in the arriving to Panama.
4. The fee for the Home Quarantine is B/.130.00ºº each animal and has to be paid in cash.
Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Pets arriving on weekends or holydays will be kept at the airport kennels.
1. DECREE Nº 1132, August 20 of 1970. That establish the National Quarantine of Small Animals and the requirements to introduce
dogs/cats to the country.
2. MINISTERIAL RESOLUTION Nº 183, August 20 of 2001. That authorize the home quarantine for small animals.
For more information you can visit our website: www.minsa.gob.pa or call us at the telefax: (507) 238 – 3855 or (507) 238 – 4059,
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or in our office at the Tocumen International Airport.